Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Tilopay provides solutions for your business to process payments online through its e-commerce page. Tilopay offers solutions as a payment facilitator and as an integrator to the main banks in the region through our plugin.
A plugin is a software component developed to add features to a program or a digital tool. Tilopay is a software developed specifically to connect ecommerce platforms with the major payment processors of the Central American and Caribbean region. Generally speaking, plugins offer additional features in an easy and fast way.
Ecommerce platforms are software developments that offer the necessary features to buy and sell online. Globally, the major ecommerce platforms are Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, Magento, Big Commerce, Vtex, Prestashop, Opencart, and others.
A payment processor is the service that a provider offers to authorize payments to online stores.
It is a virtual payment terminal that facilitates the processing of payments on ecommerce platforms. The main payment processors of the region are Visa’s Cardinal Commerce (only available in certain Central American countries) and First Atlantic Commerce (FAC).
Currently Tilopay can be integrated with the following platforms: Wix, WooCommerce, Magento, Opencart, Prestashop and Shopify.
The main features of Tilopay are:
- Accept different payments with different card brands such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Possibility to include BAC’s installments such as Tasa 0 and Minicuotas with the same affiliation.
- Allow the tokenization of customer’s cards for future purchases through “one-click checkout”, increasing conversion rates and impulse purchases.
- Manage partial captures and refunds directly from the ecommerce platform providing an operational advantage in the daily tasks of your online store.
- Allows recurring charges for subscriptions managed from the WooCommerce platform.
- Manage individual integrations per country, currency and/or payment methods
All of Tilopay’s transactions are made directly through BAC Credomatic’s infrastructure and are protected with all of the security protocols established by the bank.
Tilopay was developed to solve the needs of entrepreneurs, micro-entrepreneurs, small, medium, and large companies or corporations.
Currently, Tilopay is available in Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Granada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Maarten, St Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, and Turks & Caicos.
Tilopay works with any currency accepted by BAC Credomatic, including currencies of the Central American and Caribbean regions and US Dollars.
To use Tilopay, the following steps must be completed:
- The merchant must complete BAC Credomatic’s ecommerce affiliation process. This process includes the review and signature of contracts between the merchant and the bank.
- The merchant must register with Tilopay at www.tilopay.com by completing the required information which includes full name, email, the business’ name, and country of operation.
- Once the processes with BAC Credomatic and Tilopay are completed, the user must configure the plugin in the ecommerce platform of their choice using the credentials provided by BAC and following Tilopay’s User Guide.
Yes, our Customer Service team can help you with the installation and configuration of our plugin. The service has an additional cost of $150 USD.
No, the process with BAC Credomatic must be completed directly with the bank’s agents but we can put you in contact with an agent familiar with Tilopay.
The installation process of the plugin depends on the ecommerce platform being used. We’ve developed manuals for the major platforms to guide users through the installation process, these manuals can be found in the “Manuals” tab in Tilopay’s user dashboard. We also offer the installation and configuration service provided by our Customer Service team.